Learn to make your own lip sticks with this easy kit. All materials provided to make four lip sticks.
DIY Lip Stick Kit Instructions
- Packet A: Wax (contains bees wax and candelilla wax)
- Bottle B: Contains shea butter and jojoba oil
- Glass cup
- Ice cream stick (as stirrer)
- Lip stick mold consisting of:
- Acrylic stand
- Aluminium ring
- Lipstick silicone mold
- Lip stick color
- Lip stick casing 4 pieces
- Lip balm fragrance (optional, not included in set)
Preparing Lip Stick Mixture
- Mix A and B into the glass cup.
- Double boil contents in the glass cup.
- Add in lip stick color and stir until contents are well mixed
- Optional step: Add in a few drops of lip balm fragrance
Setting Up Lip Stick Mold
- Place the mold into the hole of the acrylic stand
- Fit the aluminium ring on top of the silicone mold.
Pouring and Setting the Lip Stick
- Pour the lip stick mixture into the mold, filling it to the brim of the aluminium ring.
- Let the lip stick cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Optional: Put the lip stick with the mold and acrylic stand in the fridge for 5 minutes to increase ease of removal from mold later.
- Keep the balance of the liquid lipstick in the hot water to avoid it hardening.
Unmolding and Fitting Into Casing
- Gently remove the aluminium ring, taking care not to break the newly hardened exposed lip stick.
- Take 1 lipstick casing and twist it upwards to the maximum.
- Slowly push down the casing onto the exposed lip stick.
- When all of exposed lip stick has been inserted into the casing, slowly pull up the casing.
- Lastly, slowly remove the rest of the lip stick from the silicone mold.
- Twist the casing downwards to store your product.
- Repeat for the other lipsticks