If you are looking for a slightly cheaper option to make goat’s milk soaps and do not mind using milk that is still good but has passed its date of expiry, do consider this option.
Please note that postage surcharges will apply as this item requires special handling. The surcharges will be manually calculated and added-on after the order is submitted.
Gallons of unsold milk are returned by retailers to their suppliers each month, only to be discarded although most of it is still in good condition. You can do your bit in helping to reduce the wastage by using recycled milk in soap making at home.
The making of goat milk soaps are very similar to making mum's milk soaps. We have been making mum's milk soaps for years and have found that as long as the milk is unspoiled and kept frozen, it can be used for soap making. This is the same requirement we have asked of our partner, Asia Milk Traders. The frozen goat milk offered here are unsold milk that has been returned to them from their retailers but which are still in very good condition but near expiry or newly expired.
The Milk, The Goats and The Farm:
- The goat milk are from a farm in Kluang, Johor.
- Asia Milk Traders sells to established retailers and supermarkets nationwide.
- All milk are pasteurized before selling. There are no preservatives added in.
Quality Assurance From Asia Milk Traders:
- Based on pre-orders, Asia Milk Traders will inspect returned milk and repack only the freshest milk.
- The milk will then be frozen and sent to Soap Artisan.
- The frozen milk can be kept for 3 months. To use the milk in a liquid state, boil it first and then keep it refrigerated for up to a week.
- Kindly note that as the milk is repacked, it is no longer deemed optimal or suitable for human consumption.
How To Purchase:
- Purchase is by pre-order only.
- Please allow a waiting period of 3 to 10 business days for the milk to be packed and delivered to Alchemist Pharmacy.
- The milk can be self-collected at Alchemist Pharmacy, Taman Tun Dr Ismail.
- When the pre-ordered item is ready for your pick-up, a notification email or SMS will be sent to you.
- You are encouraged to bring your own chiller bag to store the milk when collecting it from Alchemist Pharmacy.
Shipping and Delivery:
Within Klang Valley: Delivery of the frozen milk can be done with surcharges between RM6.00 to RM9.00. The surcharge amount however, will be finalized only after your order is received.
FREE DELIVERY within Klang Valley is possible by the milk vendor for the purchase of 5L and above. Please email us to check if your area is covered. Kindly note that the free delivery only applies to this product and not to the other items in your order.
Within Peninsular Malaysia outside Klang Valley:
- Same surcharges as above will apply.
- As the frozen milk requires special handling, some areas may not be covered by our courier service. Please email us to double check if delivery is possible at your desired shipping area.
East Malaysia (Sabah and Sarawak): Currently not covered
IMPORTANT: Kindly note that surcharges for delivery requests will be manually calculated and emailed to you after the order is submitted.
The milk is best stored frozen up to 3 months to preserve its freshness and prevent degradation.