Botanical Name: Citrus Aurantium var Bigaradia
Plant Part: Leaves
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Strength of Aroma: Medium
Description: Sweet, fresh and floral aroma similar to orange flowers with woody/ green undertones.
Caution: Avoid during pregnancy.
Contains a high percentage of the calming ester of linalyl acetate (~50%) and anti-bacterial monoterpene alcohol linalool (22%). Also contains geraniol, trans beta Ocimene, beta-pinene, neryl acetate and terpineol.
Common Uses And Benefits:
Petitgrain is distilled from the leaves, twigs and branches of the Bitter Orange tree (whereas the bitter orange essential oil is usually cold pressed from the rinds of the fruits). It can help with nervous exhaustion, convalescence, insomnia and stress-related conditions especially anger and panic.
Petitgrain helps to clear and tone the skin. It is particularly good for greasy, congested skin, acne, pimples and other blemishes, as it has a mild antiseptic action and helps to control over-active sebum production. Petitgrain also acts as a deodorant and can help relieve excessive perspiration.
Burners and Diffusers:
- Diffuse in the room to help recovery from illness, relax the body, calm irritation, anger, panic and depression.
When blended with other stimulating or cephalic oils, it can work synergistically to boost intellectual or creative activity
Blended Oil for Massage, or in the Bath
- As a blended massage oil or diluted in the bath, it can assist with convalescence, rapid heartbeat and insomnia.
- As an anti-spasmodic oil, it can be used in blends to induce relaxation in the tissues, muscles and nerves to reduce muscle spams and strengthen nervous system.
- It also contains mild anti-antiseptic properties to prevent infection, fight sepsis, prevent body odour and to clear skin blemishes.
Cream or Lotion
- Use in a cream or lotion to help reduce congested greasy skin, balance sebum production and to clear up acne, pimples and other skin blemishes.
Blends particularly well with bergamot, lavender, palmarosa, geranium, rosewood, rosemary and sandalwood.
Packaging: Dark amber bottle with orifice reducer (for controlled essential oil dispensing).
Some images in this website are for illustrative purposes only. Please read our disclaimer before purchasing our products.